What is Deep Linking?
Deep linking is the process of linking your content to the internal pages of your site, rather than just constructing hyperlinks only to the homepage of the blog. The drawback is that because it is only linked to the homepage, you’re growing the web page authority of the homepage, but not the internal pages. If you need to get the maximum of your link building, and want to rank your blog posts you need to construct links to the internal pages of your blog. This is called “Deep-linking”.
Benefits of Deep Linking:
- When a person links to one of your old blog posts, it’s a sign to Google that your old content is still applicable to date. By this, you increase the probabilities of your blog post being ranked better for many keywords.
- Spreads the authority uniformly. When you link excessively only to the homepage of your site, as I’ve stated earlier, only the page authority of the homepage can be increased. If you need to rank all your blog posts better in SERPs, you need to increase the page authority of your blog posts. This is made feasible with the help of deep linking.
- By linking only to the homepage of your blog, you seem spammy. Many of the irrelevant sites tend to buy back-links only for the homepage of their website and attempt to rank it. By following deep linking, the links seem natural and less probably be marked as spam through Google.
- By targeting only, the homepage for your link building, you are attempting to rank for only some keywords. With the assistance of deep linking, you’re supporting your internal blog posts to rank properly for more keywords, it allows you to attain anchor text diversity.
- People who generally link to your blog tend to link to your content i.e., particular post instead of simply linking out to the homepage. These human beings link out to your content due to the fact they discover your content to apply to the content you’re writing. That’s the beauty. Natural deep linking strongly acts as a content relevancy sign to Google.
Execute Deep Linking:
Before executing this deep linking campaign, ensure that the internal linking structure of your blog is great. Relevant posts have to be interlinked with every other. Make certain that the more recent content links to older content and vice versa.
With internal linking, while you construct links to a specific piece of content, you’re making sure that the ranking juice spreads all around the rest of the content uniformly. It therefore will increase the overall domain authority and rating strength of the site.
You have to constantly attempt to attract natural deep links for your post, or seem natural while constructing links. Keep an eye on the speed with that you construct links. Building links hastily can raise a red flag.
Identifying content to build links:
In this step, you have to identify 3-5 posts to which you have to construct backlinks to. The content you pick needs to be driving decent traffic to your blog. Building backlinks to all feasible posts on your blog is a red flag.
Remember the 80-20 rule. 20% of your blog posts bring about 80% of links to your site. Follow that. It’s the golden deep linking ratio.
The posts you pick out need to be associated with the subject you are attempting to build authority.
From here on, you can look for appropriate posts which can link to your content. Outreach them to link to your content. You may also follow skyscraper and e-mail outreach techniques.
The anchor texts you operate for getting links, need to be relevant to the topic. You need to hold anchor text variety in your blog. Using actual keyword anchor texts repeatedly is highly discouraged. Try to use related keywords, brand names within the anchor texts.
How to build deep links to posts?
- While doing guest blogging, rather than building links for your homepage, you should try linking for your blog posts. Try linking to something relevant.
- Use your post URL as the homepage URL when commenting on content. It drives a little traffic, shares or even links for your post!
- Use your blog post as forum signatures.
- Use social bookmarking websites.
- Use blog groups to share your content and get links to the content material.
- Share all your posts on social media websites like Facebook, Google Plus and LinkedIn.
- Make certain part of your content repurposing. Convert your posts to videos, slides, etc.
- Repackage your posts to different formats and share them on file-sharing websites.
Techniques to attract natural deep links:
Google advises you to allow your blog to attract links naturally. Here are a few specific techniques to attract natural links for your posts.
- Quality content material. When writing the blog post, ensure that it’ll be an exceptional post in class. Research all of the related posts, make certain that your post is extra precious than all of them. Cover each element concerning the subject you’re writing about. Other bloggers, once they link out, search for the content that covers the best facts on the topic.
- While writing a post, present a unique fact. Highlight it. Add blockquotes to it. It will increase the possibility of different bloggers citing you on their blogs.
- Create excellent visuals, images, and infographics that other bloggers can use in their blogs.
Building links to the posts which can apply to the subject is preferred over just building all the backlinks to the homepage. I suggest you also only link out to the particular relevant posts, instead of just linking out to the homepage of different sites.
Concentrate on earning natural deep links rather than building links.
If you’re looking to drive traffic and improve your SEO, deep linking is the best approach to use. Creating a linking approach will hit success for your enterprise as it permits better user engagement and will increase your site’s authority. It’s also easy to implement and will assist position you as a professional in your commercial enterprise.